If you have a life-threatening emergency, call 9-1-1 or go to the hospital in your Medical Home Network. Healthy San Francisco only covers the cost of services at the hospital in your Medical Home Network. Please see a list of hospitals in the Medical Home Directory or in the Participant Handbook.
Medical emergencies are life-threatening or seriously dangerous illnesses or injuries. These may include:
- Difficulty breathing and/or shortness of breath
- Chest or upper stomach pain or feeling pressure in your chest
- Fainting spells or sudden dizziness or weakness
- Uncontrolled bleeding
- Severe vomiting or diarrhea
- Feelings that you want to hurt yourself or others
Ambulance services are covered ONLY for life-threatening emergencies and ONLY for transportation within San Francisco.